Trivia Page Answers
The Shattered Idol — episode 120
1. Why was the
stage stopping at the McCain Ranch?
There was a problem with the wheel – the axel was broken
nearly in half
2. Who was the passenger on the stage?
Samuel Clemens – Mark Twain
3. Where was he headed? Why?
Santa Fe / lecture engagement
4. How did Mark feel about meeting Mark Twain?
He was excited. He always wanted to meet Mark Twain
5. Twain was agitated with the stage being delayed and with Mark
wanted to know about the post history game and he was asking too
many questions. What did he say to Mark?
“I haven’t got time for all these questions, boy! Puzzle it
out for yourself!”
6. What room did Twain ask for at the hotel? What was the number
of his room?
A room where he wouldn't be disturbed / room #24
7. What was the book Roughing It about?
Roughing It follows the travels of young Mark Twain through
the Wild West during the years 1861–1867. After a brief stint as
a Confederate cavalry militiaman, he joined his brother Orion
Clemens, who had been appointed Secretary of the Nevada
Territory, on a stagecoach journey west
8. What did Russell challenge Twain to?
A game of pool
9. Mark ran into Twain at the fishing hole, what did Mark say
that upset Twain so much?
He talked about Huckleberry Finn
10. Twain was so rude to Mark what happened after that?
He kept yelling at Mark and yelled Huckleberry Fin was dead
over and over again
11. After Lucas told Twain about talking to Mark that way, Twain
walked away. What happened next?
Lucas found a letter on the ground about his son's death.
12. What did Lucas find in the wast basket?
Mark's book, Tom Sawyer
13. Lucas gave Mark the letter that he found and told Mark to
read it. What did Mark say?
"I don't care about anything that has to do with him!”
14. What was in the letter?
The letter read his son Langdon died a few months ago
15. Why did he blame himself for his sons death?
He took him riding in an open carriage on a very cold day.
The blanket slipped off. Mr. Twain didn't notice because he was
thinking about his story he was writing. That night Langdon came
down with diphtheria. Mr. Twain never forgave himself, he's been
running ever since.
16. Lucas returned the letter to Twain and told him he knew how
he felt. What was Twain's respsonse?
He told Lucas he couldn't possible know. The past is
17. Russell wanted a chance to win his money back from twain in
another pool game. What was the stakes this time?
A hundred dollars
18. Mark knew Twain had lost on purpose. What did Mark shout?
"Mr. Twain’s got losers rights too!"
19. The next wager was precious to Twain, what was it? Why was
it so important to Twain?
A pocket watch that had a sentimental value. "It was a gift
to me to celebrate…the birth of my son."
20. What did Twain do before he left North Fork?
He promised Mark he’d finish the story of Huckleberry Finn
around the McCain Ranch