Lou walked past Lucas, Mark and Micah….Micah said “hello”. Was
2. What was she upset about?
People would not help her get her store ready
3. Why were they angry with her?
Because she had ‘railroad information’ and they felt cheated
4. What did Lou say was coming to town for her?
5. What happened when the stage from Denver arrived?
Betty, one of the girls, was very sick
6. What did Doc Burrage think was wrong with her?
7. What did the Doc do?
Quarantined Lou, Lucas and the girls in the hotel along with
Lee Coyle who was on the stage
8. What else did the Doc do?
Sent for some serum
9. What was Mark doing with Nils?
Playing checkers and trying not to think about the smallpox
10. What did Mark repeat to Nils?
That “he had seen smallpox”
11. What did Lee Coyle want to do?
Leave the hotel
12. Lee Coyle fought with Lucas. What happened?
Lucas shot him
13. What did they discover when Bettys fever broke?
She did not have smallpox but measles
14. The next day as Lou was going to the store, what did she
That there were so many people helping at the store that she
didn’t have a minutes peace
15. What did Mark comment about ‘women’?
“What would you do without them”
16. Who played Lee Coyle?
Ed Ames played Lee
Coyle. He was the stranger, the wanted man in town.
17. What else is Ed Ames famous for?
Singing, recording and acting
18. Who played Doc Burrage in this episode? What other
episodes did he appear in?
Ralph Moody appeared in a total of twelve episodes of
The Rifleman beating John Anderson and John Milford out at
eleven episodes. He appeared in nine episodes as Doc Burrage and
in three other episodes. The Visitors as Jonathan Dodd —
The Spoiler as Roy Merrick and The Hangman as Eban
Doc Burrage: Six Years and a Day ― The Actress ―
Dark Day at North Fork ― The Mescalero Curse ―
Man from Salinas ― Quiet Night, Deadly Night ―
Mark's Rifle ― Conflict ― Requiem at Mission
19. Who played Betty the sick girl?
Carol Leigh played Betty
Lind. She was the one who had the measles
20. Who played Nils Swenson,
There were four episodes that Joe did not play Nils, can you
Joe Higgins played Nils Swenson.
He played the bartender in Strange Town — Rafe the
Blacksmith in The Wyoming Story part 2 — Short Rope
for a Tall Man as Henry Schneider the horse thief —
Stopover as Scotty the Stagecoach Driver
around the McCain Ranch