Trivia Page Answers
Hostage to Fortune — episode
1. What was Mark
and his friends doing riding late at night?
2. What did Mr. Russell offer these boys?
3. Where were they going to go next?
The Merar ranch but Mark did not go with the boys
4. What other episode is the Merar ranch mentioned?
First Wages ― Mark was to take a horse there. Score is
Even ― Lucas is hurt and watching a prisoner and sends Mark
ahead to the Merar ranch for help
5. Why did Micah stop by the ranch the net morning?
To ask if Mark had been in on the pranks the night before
with peoples cattle
6. Although Lucas was very upset with Mark he asked to go out
again that evening? What reason did he give?
He and his friends were going to work on geometry together
7. What was Mark bargaining with Lucas for then?
To have a rifle or pistol for protection when out late at
8. Who rode up to the ranch then?
Mr. Bullock and his son Percy
9. Where were they from?
10. What was Mr. Bullocks previous profession?
He had been a teacher and also ran a bookstore in England
11. What did Mr. Bullock mention that Mark picked up on?
The word ‘Euclid’, the one who discovered geometry
12. What happened to Percy on his way home from school?
Two boys were waiting to make fun of him and fight with him
13. Mark was coming by, what did he do?
Mark dismounted Blue Boy and fought with them
14. How did Percy get home?
He rode Blue Boy with Mark
15. Mr. Bullock noticed they were tattered, how did they explain
They said they had gotten thrown
16. What impressed Mark in Percy’s house?
The amount of books they had
17. What book did the boys pull out they wanted Mr. bullock to
read to them?
Tale of Two Cities
18. Who was really cattle rustling?
Sylvester and Joe
19. Who played Mr. Bullock?
Maurice Dallimore played Percy Bullock Sr. He was the father
of Percy and the book reader
20. Who played Percy?
Tony Haig played Percy Bullock Jr. He was the boy who
called Mark a game chicken
around the McCain Ranch