Trivia Page Answers
Ordeal — episode 48
1. Why did
Lucas and Mark travel to the desert and why?
To get salt for their meat for winter. Money was tight and
Lucas was trying to find ways to cut down on expenses
2. About how far did Lucas and Mark travel to the desert?
3. What spooked their horses?
4. What happened when their wagon went over the hill?
Lucas was thrown from the wagon and he went rolling down the
hill. The wagon tore loose from the horses and rolled down the
5. Were the horses hurt?
One of the horses leg was broken
6. Was their any damage to the wagon?
Two wheels were broken on the front axle
7. How much water did they have left?
8. There were two ways they could make their way to water
& home, the trail behind them or to the base of the mountain,
which way did Lucas decide they would take?
To the base of the mountain
9. They filled themselves up with all the water they could
drink and watered their horse. What did they use for their horse
to drink out of?
10. Mark didn't like him riding and Lucas walking. They were
suppose to take turns. What did Mark tell Lucas about this?
"Well if you won’t ride, I won’t!”
11. What happened to spook off their second horse?
A dust storm
12. How did Lucas hurt his foot?
A big rock landed on his foot as he was climbing a cliff
13. What did Lucas use for a crutch?
His rifle and wrapped a kerchief around it
14. What was in the note to Micah?
To take care of Mark as if he were his own and “raise him
15. What was Lucas' instructions for Mark to make it for help?
Take small sips at a time. And when he's walking, keep your
pace slow and regular. Don’t run. Walk an hour, then stop and
rest for 5 or 10 minutes/and to keep the group of jagged peaks
in line with the top of the mountain
16. Lucas wanted Mark to take his rifle with him, what was
Mark's reaction to that?
He begged Lucas to keep it, believing in his heart that as
long as Lucas had his rifle Lucas would stay alive
17. What animal did Lucas have to shoot?
18. What was Lucas saying when Mark got to him?
“Raise the boy right, Micah…”
19. Mark was happy to see his Pa and that he was okay, what did
“Pa, it’s me!” “We made it, Pa! We made it!”
20. Can you name some of the ordeals Lucas & Mark went through?
A rattlesnake spooks the horse with the wagon
Lucas tries to stop the runaway wagon he gets thrown off against
a rock hurting his ribs
One of the horses breaks his leg and they are left with one
horse and no wagon
During a windstorm their horse breaks away and runs off leaving
Mark and Lucas stranded with only their water canteen
While climbing a rocky hill, a boulder comes loose hitting Lucas
in the foot
around the McCain Ranch