Trivia Page Answers
Shotgun Man — episode 69
out of prison, John Beaumont heads to an old rundown house to
get something he had hidden before he went to prison. What did
he have hidden in the stove?
A pistol, a shotgun and shotgun shells
2. What prison was Beaumont in?
Leavenworth for 15 years for bank robbery
3. Mark was on his way into town to meet when he came
across a stranger on his knees, what was he looking for?
4. Beaumont told Mark not to chatter so much, what did he
5. Why did Beaumont go to see the Micah?
He needed Micah’s signature stating that Beaumont informed
Micah that he was just paroled from Leavenworth
6. Why had Lucas stopped by to see Micah?
Lucas invited Micah to come out to the ranch for supper, son
of a gun stew
7. Mark had picked up the mail. There was one letter, no
postmark, what did the letter say?
“McCain, I’m cashing you out”
8. Where was Lucas once a deputy?
9. Lucas ask Eddie if he had any strangers check into the
hotel, who were they?
A whiskey drummer named O'Brien / a tin horn gambler Gus
Smith / an elderly gentleman John Beaumont
10. Why was Gus in town?
Run his faro game
11. What did Beaumont do to Gus?
He killed him
12. What made Lucas think it was Beaumont that was after him?
Lucas was riding into town when a shot hit a rock, barely
missing him. He knew it was a warning. When Lucas got into town
he asked Sweeny if he’d seen Beaumont the last hour or so. As
Lucas was leaving the saloon he saw Beaumont riding into town
13. Mark reminded Beaumont about finding his glasses and that
Beaumont told him he always pays his debt. What was it that Mark
wanted in return?
His Pa's life
14. Why did Beaumont have it out for Lucas?
He had entered a bank with Old Barton, there was a kid deputy
who knew old Barton by sight. He started shooting till nobody
was standing but Barton and him, more dead then alive. They put
Johnny Beaumont in solitary - crust of bread and a can of water.
Just one thing kept Johnny Beaumont going.....that one thing was
the name of Lucas McCain. Burned his eyes, racked his nerves to
a shred, turned his hair white, his body to a pulp. Died right
there if I he hadn't the name of Lucas McCain to bite down like
a lead bullet
15. What was Beaumont's real name?
16. Johnny tried to shot Lucas but Lucas ended up shooting him.
What did Beaumont tell Lucas?
He told Lucas to finish it and to shoot straight and that he
was not going back to that rock pile.
17. Lucas was headed for the harness shop, he told Mark to go to
Hattie's for what?
To check and see if she got any brown sugar in and to pay for
peppermints and pickles he charged
18. What did Lucas tell Mark a man must do?
Gotta pay his debts
19. John Anderson played Owny in The Retired Gun. How
many times did he appear on The Rifleman? How many
episodes can you name?
11 times — Shivaree — The Hawk — The
Patsy — Day of the Hunter — Mail Order Groom —
Shotgun Man — Face of Yesterday — The Journey
Back — Incident at Line Shack Six — Old Man
20. Jack Elam was in five other episodes of The Rifleman,
can you name them?
Tension — Duel of Honor — Shattered Idol —
Knight Errant — Shotgun Man
around the McCain Ranch