Trivia Page Answers
The Prodigal — episode 71
1. Lucas &
Mark were in town for supplies. Hattie had Mark try on a coat which
she stated was the latest fashion, where was the coat from?
2. Hattie introduced Lucas to Havecourt, a refined gentleman
of taste and discrimination. What was his real name?
Billy St. John
3. What was Havecourt's opinion of this coat?
4. Havecourt opened a letter Hattie gave him, the letter said
that his mother was stopping by North Fork on her way to where?
San Francisco to live with his aunt and because of her health
5. Luis, Havecourt's companion was anxious to leave town and
continue on their way, why?
Earlier the two of them robbed four men
6. Now there were only three men left, what happened to the
one member of the gang?
He was killed by Havecourt / Billy St. John
7. Although we never knew the name of cowboy that got killed,
who played him?
8. What lie had Havecourt written his mother?
He told her he had a son named Peter and a ranch, and a wife who
had passed away
9. Why did Lucas agree to play along?
He threatened Mark
10. Lucas explained the situation to Mark and told him about his
agreement with Havecourt. What did Lucas ask Mark to do?
He told Mark to play act. He told him that he never knew his own
grandmother and this was his chance to have a grandmother if only
for a short while
11.What did Mrs. Havecourt make for supper?
Fried chicken and dumplings
12. What did Mrs. Havecourt bring Mark for a bedtime snack?
A glass of warm milk
13. What happened to Mrs. Havecourt as she was saying her goodbyes?
14. Who went for the doctor?
Mark & Luis
15. What was wrong with Mrs. Havecourt?
Her lungs were beginning to fill up and she hadn't more then an
hour to live
16. What did Mark do when he heard the news?
17. Mrs. Havecourt hear them calling Billy St. John, she was
concerned that he was there. What was she told and who told her?
Lucas told her that he was Billy St. John
18. After this was all over Lucas went into see Mrs. Havecourt, what
did she whisper to him?
"When William returns, tell him I decided not to go on to
California after all. I'm going to stay here with him…and my
19. Lee Van Cleef played Dan Maury in this episode of The
Prodigal. He was in a total of four episodes, can you name the
other three episodes?
The Deadly Wait — The Prodigal — The Clarence Bibs
Story — Death Never Rides Alone
20. Warren Oates played Santos in this episode of The Prodigal,
what other three episodes was he in?
Bloodlines — The Marshal — Day of Reckoning
around the McCain Ranch