Trivia page Answers
The Safe Guard — episode 8
Fork was getting a bank & also a new safe, what was the name of
the company who made the safe and where was the company located?
Reliance Safe Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2. Who opened and managed the first North Fork Bank and
what was his middle name?
John Hamilton, middle name Maysfield
3. What was the name of Mark's pig?
4. In how many episodes did pigs have names? What were
3 episodes — The Safe Guard / Harriet — The
Long Goodbye / Sunshine — Flowers by the Door - a Sow &
5. How much money did Floyd want to give Lucas for his
$1.00 (a good Union dollar)
6. Who did Lucas tell Mark he just had breakfast with?
A Texas Gunfighter
7. What was the reason for the McCain's to go into town?
Mark wanted to take his pig into town to sell and Lucas
needed to get his saddle fixed
8. What was the safe made of and how thick were the walls of the
6 inch thick walls — fire proof and burglar proof –
carborundum steel plated
9. Hattie's said that Mark's pig, Harriet's weight is at 5
stones, how much did the pig weigh?
Hattie's says Harriet's weight is at 5 stones, which means
the pig weights 70 lbs. One stone is consider 14 pounds. So you
take 14 lbs x 5 stones = 70 lbs.
10. How much money did Mark get for Harriet?
11. How much interest was the bank paying?
12. Why did Judge Hanavan ride out to the to see Lucas?
Judge Hanavan knew that the towns folks respected Lucas & his
decisions. He felt that Lucas could influence the town folks by
putting his money in the bank
13. Who was waiting in Floyd's room when he walked in and what
did they want?
Gavin, Witcherly & Walkerman and they wanted Floyd to help
them rob the bank
14. Why did Mark want to go into the bank by himself?
It made him feel like he was a part of something, it made him
feel like a real man
15. When Lucas stopped Mark he asked him what all the shooting
was about, what did Mark tell him?
He told Lucas about the robbery and how Floyd took his $5
16. When Lucas went to face Floyd, what did Mark tell Lucas?
Mark pleaded with Lucas not to go, that he didn't care about
his five dollars, "please Pa, don't go!"
17. When John Hamilton apologized to the crowd and ask them to
give him a few minutes to count the money & get the bank in
order, he would be glad to give back the money that was
entrusted to him, what was Lucas's reply?
"But who said anything about taking money out of the bank?
I'm here to put money in!"
18. Claude Akins and Chuck Connors appear in a movie together
that was known for on of the greatest fight bar room
brawl/scenes on the screen, can you name the movie?
William Wyler (The Big Country) was quoted as saying
Ride Beyond Vengeance has one of the greatest fight
scenes he ever saw on the screen. This bar room brawl had so
many great reviews!
19. What other TV Series did Dennis Cross appear in with Chuck
Connors & Johnny Crawford?
He also appeared with Chuck and Johnny in
Coward Step Aside
20. What three episodes was Judge Hanavan mentioned but did not
Judge Hanavan was not in (#51) The Legacy - (#56) Mail
Order Groom - (#143) Waste he did have an honorable
The Legacy — Seth confronts Phillip in the saloon. Seth
draws his gun an tells Phillip: “Now, you’re coming with me to
Judge Hanavan, and you’re gonna dismiss them charges.”
Mail Order Groom — Judge Hanavan sold Isabel Dent an option
on 40 acres of land that the Profit Brothers wanted.
Waste — Lucas talking to Mark: “Alright now, listen. Just
follow the North Star. By daylight you’ll see the mountains,
just north of home. You’ll cross the trail to North Fork not far
from the house. Don't go to the ranch...go right into town, and
find Judge Hanavan, tell him what happened.”
around the McCain Ranch